Upcoming Training Opportunities:
We are currently planning to offer TSE instructor training for behind-the-wheel conditional certification during the spring of 2013, depending on need.
Please contact our Traffic Safety Education Program Coordinator for more information or to be placed on a waiting list:
Behind-the-Wheel Instructor Certification Requirements:
- Possess a valid Washington state Driver's license.
- Provide record(s) from Washington State Department of Licensing and/or other driver licensing jusrisdiction for a five-year period showing:
Successfully complete 30 hours of classroom instructionSuccessfully complete 30 hours of supervised behind-the-wheel observation & teaching at the local traffic safety education program siteSuccessfully pass a final behind-the-wheel skills test administered by a private consultant contracted by ESD 113.Program fee of $500 includes final test fee.
- Not more than one moving traffic violation within the preceding 12 months or more than two moving traffic violations in the preceding 24 months;
- No alcohol related traffic violation within the preceding three years;
- No driver's license suspension, cancellation, revocation or denial within the preceding three years.